When it comes to managing a business, we all agree that this is a tough task and one has to keep a check on every small thing be it stock, accounts, balances, profit/loss, demand and supply and many other things. In other words, you have to make the every single move with the profit and loss of the company. Your vigilance is quite sorted with the help of QuickBooks. In this blog, I am going to discuss about ‘QuickBooks error code 557‘ which generally occurs when downloading payroll updates after upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks.
Getting rid of this error manually gets quite tiresome, one has to be extra careful else there is a risk of the loss of the information and data. Maintaining a correct and exact record of the data and other things is quite difficult but this is a legal requirement and has to be done. So, let’s start with understanding the error and then moving ahead to resolve it.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 557?
QuickBooks Error 557 is a common errors which when occurs, your screen receives a message saying ‘QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience’. It applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.
However, QuickBooks is quite easy to use but there are some errors which need a lot of troubleshooting. A couple of steps can help us get rid of this error. These errors can occur because of the wrong syntax, or commands which may have occurred because of the low quota within the disk or lack of area. In the same way, some errors are designed, associated with payroll, and Error 557 is one of them.
Why QuickBooks Error 557 occurs?
QuickBooks makes it easy for you to pay your workers as this is the most important things for your business and QuickBooks becomes your partner in that. We need to keep in mind that with each alternative computer code, QuickBooks updates itself so that it can satisfy the needs of all users. In this case, if a wrong configuration setting has been done, QuickBooks will face Error 557.
If there is an ambiguity in Windows system, then this error will conjointly occur which can be the result of wrong input or deleting important files from the directory. The same can be resulted in malware or crashes of times.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 557?
You can follow the following steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 557:
- Turn on the system and log in as administrator
- From the beginning button, head to the programs cluster
- Select Accessories possibility, and decide on the system tool possibility
- After System tools possibility, navigate to system restore possibility
- A new screen will appear with the choices you have to pick to restore your system. Now, click on the successive button
- Click on ‘on the list click a restore point’
- Note: Select the foremost recent time in order to restore the system
- Here you will find a confirmation window, now click on the successive button once again
- As soon as you click, the restoration method shall begin
- After these steps, restart your system and open QuickBooks code.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006?
- Start the system and type command in search box
- Hold Ctrl + Shift keys and hit Enter
- You will now be taken to the permission panel
- Click Yes
- The recording machine will open with a blinking indicator. So, type ‘regedit’ and click Enter
- Choose Error 557- related key in the written record editor
- Choose Export from the File menu
- In the Save In the List, select the folder wherein you would like to avoid wasting the QuickBooks backup key
- Type A name for your computer file in the File Box name, For example- QuickBooks backup
- Ensure that ‘Selected branch’ is chosen in the Export range box
- Click on Save
- File will be saved with a .reg file extension
- Now, you will have the backup of your QuickBooks-related written record entry
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3003?
All the steps above can resolve your error. In case, you are seeking any further assistance, you can connect with the best QuickBooks professionals in the industry. Our QuickBooks payroll customer service professionals will help you find the reliable and easiest solution to your problem.
You’ll also like: