QuickBooks Error OL-301 usually arises due to connection problem with the financial institution while using the direct Connect. QuickBooks accounting software is highly vulnerable to this error code. In this technical blog post, we are going to let you know about the process to resolve the QuickBooks Error OL-301 & its causes. However, if you seek expert advice – you can reach to the QuickBooks error support team immediately.
Learn how to fix Error OL 301 when trying to connect to your bank or download transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
What Causes QuickBooks error OL 301?
Whilst using the QuickBooks frequently, you might see this error code known as OL-301. Well, one of the potential reasons why OL-301 error appears is – connection problem in the financial institution while using the Direct Connect or a there is a company file issue. We are just making an attempt through this article to endow you with the directions that you should pursue to fix the QuickBooks error OL- 301.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL 301
In the beginning, you want to update the QuickBooks to the newer release. Later, you have to refresh the branding & profile settings.
Solution 1: Delete the Temporary Internet files
If you do not update the QuickBooks to the newer version after then you’ll have to continue with the “Delete Temporary Internet files” field shown below:
- Initially, you should choose the “Tools” option and later select the “Online Center” icon.
- Click on the drop-down arrow that states Financial Institution. Later than that, you should choose the financial institution.
- Now, press the “CTRL+Shift” keys simultaneously and then hit onto the “Contact Info” icon.
- In the drop-down list, you will have to opt one of the accounts that is affiliated with the bank.
- From the list, hit onto the Financial Institution Branding & Profile and later click on the “Refresh” button.
- Hit onto the “OK” icon and later go online by choosing the “Update/Send” tab.
- Lastly, you have to restart the online sessions.
Moving further, you’ll need to delete your temporary internet files. Let’s discuss their steps:
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
Follow the Steps Need to Pursue on Certain Windows Versions:
For Windows 7/8:
- Initially, click on the “Start” button & then hit onto the “Control Panel” icon.
- Go to the “Network and Internet” field & hit on it.
- Click on the “Internet” icon.
- Select the “General” icon, & choose the “Delete” tab under the Browsing history.
- Hit onto the “Delete all” icon & then choose the “Yes” icon to make sure that you have to remove this information.
- Finally, hit onto the “OK” tab to end the process.
For Windows 10:
- Initially, hit onto the “Start” tab & choose the “Control Panel” tab.
- In the Windows 10, control panel is situated in the Windows System folder located in the “Start” option.
- Later, hit onto the “Network and Internet” icon.
- Hit onto the “Internet Options” field.
- Choose the “General” icon.
- Select the “Delete” icon under the browsing history.
- Select the “Delete all” tab.
- At last, chose the “Yes” icon to make sure that you want to remove this information, & then hit onto the “OK” tab.
And if you have any issues with the windows version of QuickBooks then don’t hesitate to contact QuickBooks desktop for windows support.
For Windows 10 (Alternate):
But if in case, you are not able to locate the Control Panel, just follow these steps:
- In order to start, click on the “Start” icon & later choose to open the File Explorer.
- Choose the “C: drive” icon & then choose to open the “Properties” tab.
- Hit onto the “Disk Cleanup” icon.
- After that, you need to click uncheck on everything with the exception of Temporary Internet Files.
- Again click on the “OK” option.
- Finally, you need to click on the “Delete Files” option to end the process.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0?
Solution 2: Manually resolve the error
- Create a ‘Test company file‘
- Reset the connection to your bank.
- Reset all ‘online banking connections’.
- Check your company data.
- Contact your bank.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006?
Hopefully, this technical article would be helpful for you..! If the problem persists even after following the above steps are prescribed, then you can contact our QuickBooks online support team at their toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
Some other helpful articles: