Are you using QuickBooks software and facing issues like QuickBooks Error 6147, 0. Then this blog post may help you to resolve this error. Generally, this is a common error code and appears when a users company file is get damaged or not properly located where they have stored in their computer device.
You may see the following error message:
Error code -6147,0 when attempting to open my company file or a backup file
In this post, we have briefly described why this is happen and what solutions do a user required to fix an error codes.
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 6147, 0
- It is caused when your QB data file gets corrupted
- You are restoring the backup using the network drive
- Backup file name that goes beyond the limitation of about 210 Characters
- There is a damaged Windows user
- Damaged QBW files
You may also read: Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6000 83
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
A user need to check whether the new release of a QuickBooks software is up-to-date or not. The another method is you need to install and then run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to diagnose the company file errors or any network problem.
Solution 1: Save your Copy of a backup file into a local computer
- Open your QB file main File menu and then select as Utilities. Check if you see to host with a multi-user mode to access option, then choose the Yes option and click on yes. It will prompts for a Company file that is closed. Click to Yes option as again.
- Then restore and take another backup file from your local backup.
- Ensures that your company file path link is not more than 210 characters if the changes of a company file are located. Try to import it.
- Get to connect and send your file via the QB data service team.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Solution 2: Trend Micro Antivirus security for your System/Laptop
- First go to the Antivirus settings.
- Then Select to ignore the track or can say the path option.
- Now ignore the main company file folder from it.
- Now press or hold the Ctrl shortcut key. Then as simultaneously open your QuickBooks software. To know at where your data file is located into a device.
- Now open your QuickBooks software without opening any company data file.
- Then hold the F2 key button. This will open the pop-up at which a user can see your product details consisting at where is the location of a company file folder path.
- If found any error or persist it again-n-again, consult from your Antivirus Service Provider or Your Antivirus Support Team.
Solution 3: Run the rebuild the utility tool
To fix this error you can run verify and rebuild data utility:
- From the main file menu, click on utilities.
- Then click on rebuild the data.
- If you receive an instant backup to take company file data, then click to the OK button.
- If your PC displays the message & your QuickBooks is not responding. Now click to the OK button.
See Also: What is QuickBooks error code 2277
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan & have to keep the folder aside that holds the company file details
To find the company file location.
- Just give a double-click on QB software and then press the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- First open an application without opening a company file.
- Now choose the company file from a Window heading by selecting ‘No Company Open’.
- Also, make your certain & company file is on the top.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- The very first step is to download and install QuickBooks tool hub from Intuit official site.
- Once done with that run the tool on the server system
- And then, move to the company file issues tab and select run QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The tool will perform the necessary fixes automatically
- Perform the onscreen steps to complete the process and fix the issue
Solution 6: Rename QuickBooks files such as .ND and .TLG file
- The very first step is to open the folder where your company file is stored.
- Now look for .ND and .TLG file that would look like:
- After that choose the file and right click on it
- Now choose the rename tab
- And add old at the end of the file name
- Now, save changes and open QuickBooks again
- Try to sign in the company file and check if the issue gets resolved
Solution 7: Change the name of the .ADR file
- Here, firstly head to the folder having the company file
- After that look for the adr file
- Now open the file folder and look for the most recent file
- The next step is to right click on it and also choose rename tab
- Change the file name to .qbw and save changes
Solution 8: Close all QuickBooks processes
- The user needs to first login as Administrator on the server system.
- After that hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- Now, choose the users tab
- This will show the processes for all the users
- Highlight each of the QuickBooks processes:
- and QBDBMgr.exe
- And hit end task tab
- This will end all the unwanted processes, after which the user needs to open the company file in multi-user mode and check if the error gets resolved
Solution 9: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- At first, shut down your QuickBooks desktop software.
- Now download QuickBooks Tool hub
- Open QuickBooksToolHub.exe (downloaded file)
- Perform the onscreen instructions
- Open the tool hub program
- Go for the installation issues tab
- Click on the install diagnostic tool
- This will run the tool and let it perform the necessary procedure to scan and fix the issues if any
- Restart the system after the process ends and check if the error gets resolved
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
Hopefully above troubleshooting method will resolve your issue. If yet facing this typical QuickBooks error code 6147, 0 then troubleshoot it by asking expert guidance through calling at QuickBooks Error support phone number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Feel hassle-free in connecting to our professionals and get instant support avails for 24/7/365.
Read more helpful articles: