Even though QuickBooks accounting software is a robust software solution, yet there are certain issues that might be experienced impacting the productivity of this software. The QuickBooks error code 12002 can be seen due to network timeout or slow internet speed or any other internet connectivity issue causing the software connectivity issues. This sort of error is seen with an error message that states
Error 12002: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.
The user can come across such an error when the QuickBooks software is unable to utilize the internet connection. There can be other reasons as well causing such an error, which we have tried to elaborate later in this post. If you are interested, make sure to read the post till the end. Or you can also connect with our team at +1(844)405-0907, and our experts will ensure to provide you with immediate support services.
What triggers the QuickBooks error code 12002?
There are certain factors that might trigger such an error, out of which the common ones are stated below:
- In case the QuickBooks software is unable to access the server as there is a network timeout
- Moreover, if the internet connection is poor
- The user can also experience similar issue if the SSL setting is incorrect
- Or if the internet security or firewall is leading to some or the other issue
- Moreover, if the internet explorer isn’t set as default, then experiencing such an error is probable
What measures can be taken to resolve the error?
The user can try performing the below methods to get rid of such an error:
Method 1: Verify the Internet Explorer Settings
- The user needs to first close QuickBooks and open the Internet Explorer.
- And then choose the Tools and then select the Internet Option.
- After that, select the Security Setting and ensure that the security setting is set it to Medium High.
- The next step is to click on the Globe icon and then choose the Content tab.
- After that ensure that the content advisor tab is enabled
- Moreover, click on the connection tab and perform the steps ahead:
- The user needs to choose Never a Dial connection.
- Also, ascertain that you choose the right ISP and hit ok tab
- Select the LAN setting tab
- And also verify if the automatically detected settings checkbox is enabled
- Now, check if the use a proxy server is disabled
- In case, you come across the port 80 uncheck the box.
- Now, hit ok tab
- Go for the Advanced Tab:
- And click on the Restore Advanced Setting option.
- Look for Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Ensure that the Use TLS 1.0 is checked and the other two are unchecked.
- Close the Internet Option and then click on OK button.
- Shut down the Internet Explorer and restart the system.
- The next step is to open QuickBooks and update it again.
- And you are done
Method 2: Install/Uninstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
Step 1: Start the System in Selective startup mode
- The user needs to first press windows and R tab to open the run command box on the bottom left of the system screen
- And then type msconfig and choose ok tab
- Once done with that hit Windows + R and open the run command
- Enter in msconfig and hit ok tab
- Also head to the general tab and choose selective startup and load system services
- Click on the services tab and choose hide all Microsoft services
- Choose disable all option
- Uncheck the checkbox for Hide all Microsoft services.
- The user should check and ensure that the Windows Installer checkbox is selected from the list of services
- Hit ok tab
- And then choose reboot option on the system configuration window
Step 2: Uninstall or Install QuickBooks Desktop
The user should then choose clean install QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3: Switch back to Normal startup mode
- Once the user has uninstalled and installed QuickBooks, restoring your system to its normal configuration is recommended.
- After that press windows + R to open the run command
- And also enter in msconfig and ok tabs
- You need to choose the general tab and click Normal startup.
- Now, select ok tab
- Also, go for restart tab on the system configuration window
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189 and 816
Method 3: Set-Up an Internet Connection
- The user should first go to open QuickBooks and then go to Help and check the Internet Connection Set up.
- Now, click on the internet connection setup
- And click on the next and done tabs respectively
- The last step is to update the application and check if the issue resolved
Method 4: Verify the Internet Connection
- Under this method, the user should choose the Help option and then click on the Internet Connection Setup.
- And after that select use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet
- After that update it again
- And for QuickBooks 2008 and more recent versions: select the Help option and click on Update QuickBooks and then on Update the Now tab.
- For QuickBooks 2006 and older versions: Go for File and Click on Update QuickBooks and then on the Update Now tab.
Method 5: Update QuickBooks desktop
- At first, the user needs to head to the help option and choose an internet connection setup.
- After that make use of the internet connection settings of my system to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- Go for the next tab
- After that update the QuickBooks again with the steps below:
- The user should select the file tab and then update tab.
- And go for update now tab for QuickBooks 2006 and earlier versions.
- Now, choose file and update tab.
- Go for update now tab for QuickBooks 2008 and the later versions.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150
Method 6: Reset Updates settings in Internet options
- The user should first click on the Update Now tab.
- The next step is to select the Reset Update Checkbox.
- Now, hit the get updates tab and if the updates fail, then user can continue with the steps below:
- At first, one has to click on the advanced setting tab.
- After that look for the Use TLS 1.0, USE TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- And also ascertain that the Use TLS 1.0 is checked and the other two are unchecked.
- This would reset the update settings in the internet options fixing the issue up to certain extent
Now that you know what it takes to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 12002, it is time to implement these steps carefully and check if the error gets resolved or not. However, if for some reason the user continues to end up in a similar issue again and again, then in that scenario, talking to our QuickBooks Support professional at+1(844)405-0907 is suggested. We are a team of technically sound experts who work round the clock to provide you with immediate tech assistance.
See More Helpful topics Here