Simple Steps to Setup Microsoft Outlook Email Integration in QuickBooks
One of the most advantageous features of QuickBooks software is that – a QB user can integrate a wide array of applications in QuickBooks such as PayPal, Microsoft Office, etc. QuickBooks accounting software is highly compatible with such an application. Hence, a QB user can operate the desired application in the QuickBooks altogether.
The QB users suppose to download & install the application first. Once the download & installation completed, the user is allowed to adjust the contact list quickly and swiftly. QuickBooks Desktop features some of the web-based services that include – Electronic Payments, Remote Access Ability, Online Banking, etc. Businessmen & corporate sectors widely use the Microsoft Outlooks as an email exchange Server globally.
Read Also: How to Upgrade QuickBooks Software?
Brief Introduction of Microsoft Outlook
A momentous part of Microsoft Office Suite which is widely used for email exchange to communicate with the client via the internet is known as Microsoft Outlook. This application is widely popular among the business users & organizations as it comprises with Microsoft Exchange Server & SharePoint Server to do many tasks such as coordinate meetings, send or receive emails, etc.
Microsoft Outlook Functions:
- Email confirmation
- Coordinate & Communicate
- Co-ordination and constitution
Significance of Microsoft Outlook Integration in QuickBooks
Microsoft Outlook is a vital e-mail application of Microsoft Office Suite. It performs various office tasks such as e-mail & client management as well as client communication. Till so far this application has more than a million users worldwide because of its user-friendly interface and amazing characteristics.
Check out the list of characteristics which makes Microsoft Outlook different from other email client applications.
- Work Offline
- Ribbons & Navigation Bar
- Inbox Clean Up Tool
- Customized Calendar
- Support Microsoft Exchange Server
- Altered Contacts
- Tracking Feature
- Social Connectivity
- Faster Email Processing
- Manage Rules and Alerts
- Free Import & Export Facility
- Shortcut Keys
- Email Attachment Reminder
To know more insight about the Microsoft Outlook Integration in QuickBooks, contact the QuickBooks Integration Support. Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors are highly knowledgeable and has decades of experience in accounting field.
- Huge organizations use the Microsoft Outlook more than email function as the calendar function is more critical than email.
- The task management job is quite basic but still cumbersome to use.
- No special support for the vacation in calendar feature.
- No customization in the dashboard so that the user can fuse the elements such as email, calendar or task to bring the desired outcome.
- Booking meetings with the client on the calendar is not possible. There is no support to book a meeting on the calendar.
Tips to Integrate Outlook With QuickBooks
There are too many users who are encountering problem in QuickBooks Outlook 2016 and 2015, if you are also facing the same issue, follow listed below action as well as integrate your Outlook with QuickBooks very easily.
Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop Contact Sync for Outlook from official website
- Type the correct email address for QuickBooks registration
- Choose the “Continue” tab to Download
- Save the “QuickBooksContactSync.exe” file in the computer
- Perform double – click on the “QuickBooksContactSync.exe” file
- Hit the “Next” tab to start the installation
- Once the download is completed, choose the desired company file you want to sync with Outlook
- Choose “Accept” in the agreement form
- Next, Click on to the “Next” tab
- Hit the “Get Started” tab, once the sync is complete.
- Hit the “Finish” tab
QuickBooks Integration with Microsoft Outlook For Mac
The QuickBooks integration with Outlook for Mac is quite simple. Follow the steps below to integrate the Outlook with QuickBooks:
- Navigate to Edit => Preferences => Send Forms
- A webmail, email, or outlook option will appear. However, if the option does not appear then follow the below steps
- Go to the C:\Windows\win.ini
- Select & open the C:\Windows\win.ini Add the line at the bottom of the file i.e.
[MAIL], MAPI=1, MAPIX=1
- Open the Registry Editor & key. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\MAIL] String Value: “MAPIX”=”1]
You may also like: How to Setup QuickBooks Enterprise –Technical Support & Error Handling?
Frequently Asked Questions
Query- What is the procedure to import excel into QuickBooks?
Ans: Excel can be imported into QuickBooks by following simple steps enlisted below:
- The first step is to visit the file menu, after that select Utilities
- After that, choose the import option, followed by selecting the excel files option
- In case the user gets the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries Window, then he/she is required to click on No
- Lastly, follow the wizard in importing the files:
- First, select the type of data.
- Then, the QuickBooks software will open a formatted excel spreadsheet. Once the user has entered the necessary information, he/she is required to save and close the file.
- Also, the user will be given the option to Add My Data Now.
- Now, review the results and then view the data in the QuickBooks.
- Once done with the procedure, the user is required to click on Close.
Query- How can I send invoice from QuickBooks to Outlook?
Ans: Well, sending invoice from QuickBooks to Outlook is not as difficult as it seems to be to many of the QuickBooks users. All they need to do is follow some simple steps:
- First of all, mark the invoice as “Email Later”.
- Now, click on “Save & Close” or “Save & New”.
- After that, visit the “File”.
- Select the “Send Forms” option.
- Lastly, select the invoice, send the mail and you are good to go.
A quick solution can be getting in touch with our consulting team.
Query- Is there any difference between sales order and invoice in QuickBooks?
Ans: Majority of the times, QuickBooks users think sales order and invoices can be used interchangeably, but in actual they differ from each other. Sales order generally originates with the customer, at the time when they are making a purchase. Whereas, an invoice acts as a bill that is provided to the customer, when the product is delivered or a task is completed. They both widely differ from each other, but both serve as accounting documents post-completion.
Query- Why the error occurs in QuickBooks while sending emails to Outlook?
Ans: Sending mails directly from QuickBooks to Outlook is one of the most convenient features, also it saves time and efforts. But at times, QuickBooks is unable to send the emails to Outlook and this error might occur due to various reasons:
- Maybe the user might have set up incorrect email.
- Or the user might have updated the QuickBooks .
- The file that the user is sending is damaged MAP132.dll file.
- Also, it can happen in case the QuickBooks is running as administrator.
- Damaged outlook may also be a reason for such error.
- Also, in case if the Outlook is open in the background while sending the email.
It might be possible that you would experience in following the steps accurately or might be missing any step while integrating QuickBooks with Outlook. In that instance, you can simply dial our QuickBooks online support number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
More Informative Articles