Learn how to troubleshoot printing issues in QuickBooks desktop:
QuickBooks software is the most famous & reputed accounting tool developed by Intuit for a wide range of small to medium-sized businesses. There are numerous advanced utilities available in the QuickBooks for the reason that Intuit has upgraded this software almost every year. It’s quite evident to you that you can take remote access to QuickBooks Online from anywhere. And also that you can give the print commands from the tool itself with no efforts.!
But sometimes we encounter some issues related to printing, so, do not get anxious about it. In this blog, I am going to talk about few simpler ways to fix many of the printing issues that can occur in the Windows desktop version of QuickBooks.
You may also read: What is the process of Online QuickBooks bank reconciliation?
QuickBooks Printing Issues
Sometimes, QuickBooks Printing problems can be very frustrating and may be difficult to resolve for the users. There are thousands of users who are searching for the solution of QuickBooks printing problems. This technical blog describes how to verify if printing problems is occurring in the Windows version of QuickBooks desktop.
Also this blog endows the troubleshooting steps for these frequent QuickBooks printing issues. However, In case you have any further queries or need any type of help you can connect with our QuickBooks error support team anytime.
Types of QuickBooks Printing Problems
If you are facing printing issues on your QuickBooks desktop then this blog might be helpful for you. Generally these printing errors caused by a variety of reasons. Below are few printing issues you may face while using QuickBooks:
QuickBooks Enterprise Unable to Print
If you are a QuickBooks Enterprise user and encounter QuickBooks unable to print error, don’t get troubled about that time.! In such situations, Our Certified ProAdvisors team supposes to be contacted straight away because this may end-up to further significant problems.
Unable to Print QuickBooks Invoice and Checks
We already endow the best solution above to troubleshoot the invoices related problems. You can check the steps below and solve the problem.
QuickBooks 1099 Form Printing Issues
You can solve QuickBooks 1099 form printing issues by using the below-prescribed steps.
QuickBooks printing Problems Checks
If you encounter this issue that purely means that the software needs to be updated.
QuickBooks Printing Problems in MAC
If QuickBooks software is not capable of printing by MAC, you suppose to get in touch with the QuickBooks for Mac support. They will troubleshoot sort of printing issues for your better experience.
Important points before you start troubleshooting
You need to check the following points before you start troubleshooting for the printing issues.
- You need to ensure that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest release version.
- Ensure that your PC is connected to the printer and the printer software is installed on your system.
- For specific printing error messages, you may search the exact error message on the web.
Read this also: How to Resolve Email Issues in QuickBooks Desktop?
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Printing Issues like a Pro
You need to follow the below given steps in order to resolve the printing issues on your QuickBooks. We recommend you to take a backup of your computer and company file before proceeding ahead.
Step 1: Print Outside QuickBooks is Possible or Not?
- First of all, Turn off the printer, restart the computer, and later switch on the printer again.
- Ensure the printer paper loaded appropriately.
- Hit the “Windows” or “Start” button.
- Choose the Control Panel.
- Perform double-click on the “Printers and Faxes”.
- Right-click the printer.
- Choose the “Use Printer Online” (If the printer appears Offline).
- Perform Double-click on the Printer.
- Choose the Printer => Cancel All Documents.
- Now, Close the window.
- Perform the right-click the printer.
- Choose the Properties.
- Select the Print Test Page.
- If in case, the test page prints..!! Ensure by testing the printer using WordPad file:
- Go to the “Start” => “Run”.
- Type-in “WordPad” in the search dialogue box.
- Hit the OK icon
- Type-in texts in the WordPad.
- Select the “File” => “Print”.
- Choose the right printer.
- Hit the Print icon.
- Ensure that no error lights appear on the printer.
- Mention to the printer manufacturer’s documentation for any of the following:
- The printer shows the error signal.
- Unable print the test page.
- Not able to print from WordPad.
Confirm these things also!
- You need to rename QuickBooks Qbprint.qbp file & attempt to print again.
- If you are unable to print then attempt to print different file/files of the same format or similar type of the file to check that the problem is with the file itself or the software.
- Now attempt to print, the prior file is damaged if you are successful in printing.
- Now, attempt to alter the batch printing to single printing. It may take some more time, but it will solve the error.
- Make sure that the latest version printer drivers are in use.
Step 2: Verify Printer Detail of Printer Setup in QuickBooks
Firstly, check that the default printer setup is selected or not:
- Select the File => Printer Setup (From the menu bar in QuickBooks Desktop)
- Check and choose the correct printer for each particular Form Name.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Step 3: Verify the name of the printer on the hardware and match it with the driver info in printer setup window or not?
Check that the specific name of the printer hardware enlisted in Setup:
- Select the File => Printer Setup.
- Now, Verify printer name. If it’s incorrect, make the computer’s printer setup correct.
Step 4: Is the Printer on a Network or local?
Network: Confirm network settings are set up appropriately.
Local: The issue may be with the computer. Confirm the connection between the printer and computer is present.
Step 5: Do you have another driver installed on the computer?
- Use different drivers to attempt to print.
- If you need assistance to know how to use other drivers, contact the printer manufacturer.
Step 6: Verify that the printer is the correct one
- Open QuickBooks and choose the File option and then click on Print setup.
- After that select the form you are trying to print.
- Ensure that your printer name match the exact name of the printer you are trying to use. If not then you need to correct the setup within your computer’s Printer Setup first.
- Now hit a click on Help in this area for more detailed instructions on these settings.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
I hope with the help of this article now you are able to resolve the printing problems in QuickBooks desktop. However, If still the issues persists there, you can dial our QuickBooks support number .I.E. +1-844-405-0907. Feel free to contact our experts and get instant solution for your QuickBooks related problems. Our certified QB experts are always ready there to solve your all problems .
Some other useful links