Learn how to troubleshoot Error 1601, 1603 and 1642 – Fix Installation or Updating HTML Error Status 1603
QuickBooks is a futuristic yet simple-to-use accounting software. However, it’s not very uncommon for the users of this efficient software to face some issues. A few problems that business owners may encounter with the software while installing QuickBooks Desktop and/or a product update are:
Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible
Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version]
Error 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error
Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework when installing QuickBooks
What may cause Errors 1601, 1603 and 1642 in QuickBooks?
- These errors mostly occur when your Microsoft Operating System has an infected file related to it.
- Another major reason that may trigger such errors can be damaged or corrupted files related to your QuickBooks.
- Any such damaged file can case these errors at the time of installing QuickBooks Desktop.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 and 1642
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix Error 1601, 1603 and 1642:
Solution 1: Reinstall or Repair MS.NET Framework
Step 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official website.
- Close all the open programs and double-click on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe to run it (this process may take up to 20 minutes to complete.)
- After the completion of diagnostic, restart your computer so that the components are updated appropriately.
Step 2: Update Your Windows OS
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard
- In the search bar at the bottom left, type Windows Update
- Choose Check for Updates.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks for Microsoft .NET Framework
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows and R keys together to open the Run command.
- Search Control Panel and open it
- Select Programs and Features
- Choose QuickBooks and then choose Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the prompts to complete uninstalling QuickBooks
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0?
Step 2: Rename the Installation folders
- You can use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to rename the folders or do it manually.
Step 3: Reinstall Your QuickBooks
- Download QuickBooks desktop from the official website of Intuit and install it on your system.
Blog Summary in Infographic
With the help of this Infographic you can understand how to solve QuickBooks Error Codes 1601, 1603 and 1642.
The steps for Microsoft Windows, which is not a part of related to Intuit. These steps are not easy and errors may occur while troubleshooting the issues or uninstalling .net framework. We recommend you to perform these steps on your own risk only if you have good knowledge of computers.
Get experts help:
If the above given solution methods are not working for you then you can contact to our experts by dialing our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0907. We have a largest team of accounting professionals and Certified ProAdvisors who are capable to handle tough to tough accounting challenges in very less time. Our 24*7 QuickBooks technical support team is equipped with all the modern tools and technology and can help you fix even the most complicated issues related to QuickBooks accounting software.
More helpful articles to read: