Experiencing license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks desktop and can’t find an ideal option? This article will guide you to fix license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop with the right set of steps. In case you see an error message after registering, subscribing, or syncing the data in QuickBooks, then don’t worry, we will get you the way through it. The error messages include:
- Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating
- Message: You cannot use online banking because QuickBooks is not registered
- You must subscribe to the accountant’s copy file transfer service
- The sync license data online option is grayed out
These errors could be seen due to an install file. In this article, you will learn the ways to safely delete the file, so that you can refresh the registration. If you are interested in learning more about such an error, make sure to read the post till the end. Or contact us at +1-844-405-0907. We are a team of technical professionals working to provide best assistance.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Solutions to Fix license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop
Checkout the below given troubleshooting methods in order to fix license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop:
Case 1: Error- You have entered incorrect license/product numbers
Make sure that the license and the product number tally.
- In case the user bought QuickBooks desktop from Intuit website: then it is suggested to search in the purchase confirmation email you received
- If the user bought QuickBooks from a retail store: Then, look for a sticker on the original CD envelope
Case 2: Error- The validation code is incorrect or This service is temporarily unavailable
The user can perform the below steps in case of the above error message
Solution 1: Check the date and time settings
- At first, the user needs to close the QuickBooks desktop
- After that right click the time display on the windows taskbar and then choose the adjust date/time
- The user is then required to check if the date and time settings are correct
- In case they are not having any issue, then move to another solution, or else continue with the steps
- The next step is to, choose the date and time tab and set the date for the current year
- The user should then click on apply and ok tab respectively
- Now, open the QuickBooks desktop and hit help
- Once done with that select activate QuickBooks and also click on begin activation
- And enter the validation code and then hit next
Solution 2: Close the running QuickBooks tasks
The running background processes might be creating trouble for the user. In that case, the user needs to use the QBRefresher tool for closing and refreshing all QuickBooks’ background tasks. When the tool is used, open the QuickBooks software and try to activate it.
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Solution 3: Run the QBInstall tool
Any sort of disturbance at the time of installation can lead to such an error. In such case, it is suggested to run the QBInstall tool to fix common install issues. This tool will enable the user to activate QuickBooks without any error.
Solution 4: Reactivate MSXML
Go for this method only if you have an IT professional beside you, or if you are working with an expert from Microsoft support. The steps below should be followed for the version of the system.
In case of 64-bit system
- Head to the start menu and then type cmd
- After that, right click cmd and choose run as admin tab
- Now enter cd/windows/syswor64 at the C: prompt and then press Enter
- Enter regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and then hit enter
- After that enter regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and then hit enter again
In case of a 32-bit computer
- Open the run window and then press windows + R key
- After that enter cmd and press enter
- Type in the regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and then click on enter tab
- The last step is to, enter regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and hit enter
In case the user is able to activate or open QuickBooks, then the process is completed. Else can continue with the troubleshooting.
Solution 5: Reset the .ecml file
Creating damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file once again can work in fixing the activation issues. After which, the user can easily try and activate the QuickBooks again.
You can also read: How to Install and Set up QuickBooks Mac Desktop?
Apart from the fixes mentioned above, one can try performing the below steps
Solution 1: Run 3371 Error fix from QuickBooks tools hub
- The very first step is to download and install QuickBooks tool hub
- The user needs to first close QuickBooks
- After that download the QuickBooks tool hub
- Open the file downloaded earlier
- The user needs to follow the onscreen prompts to install and agree the terms and conditions
- The last step is to double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
- After that Run Quick fix my program
- The user needs to select installation issues in the QuickBooks tools hub
- The user should then choose quick fix my program and also hit ok
- Now, start QuickBooks and open the data file
Solution 2: Manually eliminate the entitlement file
The entitlement file tells QuickBooks that the product is valid and registered. The user can find and delete the file, in order to re-enter the license info and resolve the issue.
- At first, the user needs to open the windows start menu
- Now, type run into the search and open run
- The next step is to type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then hit enter. Or enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 instead.
- Look for the entitlementdatastore.ecml and then right click the file and then choose delete. Also, select the yes option to confirm
- Open the QuickBooks and company file
- Follow the onscreen instructions to register QuickBooks
Read this also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15218
We end the article here with hope that the information we have shared in above might be of some help in fix license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop. But if in case the user faces any difficulty in tackling this issue or in case of any query, feel free to contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team at our support number i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
Related helpful articles: